I am sure this blog season finale was more expected than the last Breaking Bad episode, when Walter White stabs to death his crippled son (I wish… no spoilers, don’t worry).
During this amazing year I have seen many places, from the Nepali Himalayas to Bangkok red light districts, from Indonesian volcanoes to Phnom Penh brothels, from Central Asian yurts to Makassar “karaokes”, from Lao mountains to Hong Kong massage parlors and so on. Here a few things I have done that made this trip so awesome:
- Visited many Countries: Nepal, India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Blowjobstan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine.
- Rode animals: elephant, camel, horse, donkey, fat-ass sheep, Thai hookers.
- Have seen more animals: monkeys, orangutans, unicorns, rhinos (nope, I missed them), snakes, yaks, mosquitoes, parrots, dogs, tropical fishes, manyhorns, turtles, more monkeys, buffalos…
- Drugs I took: No! I don’t do that. Drugs are bad, not as bad as Paulo Coelho tough.
- Ethnic and tribal people: Tibetans, Indian sellers, holy men, long neck women, ladyboys, Akha, lazy Laos, Batak Toba, Mentawaians, Balinese, Tana Toraja, Bajau, hipsters, Jackie Chans, Uighurs, Central Asian sheep-shagger nomads…
- Extreme sports: Bungee jumping, trekking, pParagliding, extreme not giving a fuck, scuba diving, wWakeboarding, bridge motorcycle jumping, barbecuing, gangbanging, fishing, shepherding, vodka for breakfast…
I had countless great experiences, indeed. Overall, the best were the people. I cannot thank everyone that helped during this time here because it would take me at least two lines, kidding, I would need another blog. I am already missing Asian friendly folks and their big smiles. They will be always in my heart.
There are some places I would love to go back, mainly in Central Asia and, of course, my beloved Indonesia. And many others I would love to visit in the future such as: Ladakh, the Tribal East and an ashram in India, Papua Island, Mongolia, Pakistan, North Korea, Barakaldo, Maluku Islands, Philippines, Kamchatka, Kazakh steppe…
Full-time awesomeness is over. I guess now I have to move on, and go back to “reality”. The concrete jungle, where the most aggressive and dangerous animals live. “Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television….” Well, you have watched Trainspotting, I don’t need to go on. So this is the “real”, the other wasn’t, good to know.
Before finishing, I want again to thank you all who wasted a bit of your time reading this blog instead of watching cat pictures, porn or doing productive work. MANY. MANY THANKS!
And I am ending this trip as I started, quoting the greatest, which, to make it clear, doesn’t apply to this trip:
“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”
― Charles Bukowski